Burt’s Reliable Knows How to Protect your North Fork Summer Home with Vacation Home Maintenance
We Can Prevent Emergencies from Happening and Save You a Long Trip
During the cold seasons, most vacation homes on the North Fork are either lightly used or closed entirely. That’s why nearly 2,000 customers leave their keys with us so we can look after their home during the off-season. This saves them the hassle of making long trips out to their second home.
Here’s what we do to protect your vacation home:
- We make sure your home’s heating oil and/or kerosene tanks always have enough fuel to keep enough heat in the home during winter. (You cannot shut the heat off entirely or you risk frozen pipes.)
- We can winterize your home by shutting down the water, tuning up the equipment and generally keeping your home ready to go when you return in the spring.
- We offer a range of products and services that can help you manage your home worry-free. Call us to find out more.
- The Gremlin™ tank monitor attaches to a tank and constantly measures its fuel level. It then sends the readings to our office over the homeowner’s Wi-Fi connection.
- The Ecobee takes “smart” to a whole new level. Unlike a typical thermostat, which monitors the temperature in a single location (usually a hallway), this system uses multiple sensors throughout your home to monitor the temperature in every room.
Please call or email us to learn more about how we can protect your summer property. Call on the experts at Burt’s Reliable—serving Southold, Greenport, Riverhead, Shoreham and surrounding North Fork communities.