But as you probably know, automatic delivery is based on your average heating oil use during previous heating seasons (taking into account the current weather based on degree days, which we will talk about in a future blog). To put it another way, automatic delivery is smart guesswork.
The problem with guesswork is that you need complete information to guess intelligently – which is why we need to hear from you if something significant has changed in your house or your home life that might affect how much heating oil you use.
For example, we need to know if:
- Someone has moved into or out of your home
- A tenant has left behind an empty apartment
- A long-term guest has arrived or intends to leave
- You plan to take an extended vacation, sabbatical, etc.
- You plan to remodel or have already put an addition on your North Fork home
If any of these life events have happened for you since last heating season, let us know so we can adjust your heating oil delivery schedule.
Of course you can take the guesswork completely out of the equation by installing a Gremlin Tank Monitor, which (for a nominal fee) will track your actual heating oil usage and alert us when it’s time to fill your heating oil tank. Contact us to learn more about the peace of mind a Gremlin can bring for the rest of this heating season and beyond.