Choose the Best Cooling System for Your Home
Is it hot enough for you?
If your Long Island home relies on an old, inefficient air conditioning system or ineffective window units, the July heat might be too much to handle. Burt’s Reliable can help you upgrade to a long-lasting, energy-efficient cooling system that will keep your whole home comfortable.
Central Air Conditioning
Central air conditioning requires ducts, so either you need to have existing ductwork in place, or we’ll install it.
If your home has forced air heating with a furnace, it’s probably a good candidate for central air. Installation of these systems requires several days, but it can take longer if we need to add ducts. Benefits of central A/C include:
- It’s less expensive to install than ductless mini-splits.
- You can control it from a single thermostat.
Burt’s Reliable sells, installs, and services central A/C equipment from leading manufacturers like Trane and Rheem.
Ductless Mini-Split Systems
As the name might suggest, ductless mini-splits don’t need ductwork. They consist of two pieces of equipment: a condenser outside your home and a wall-mounted cooling head inside your living space. These two components connect via a thin pipe through your wall, and multiple heads can attach to one condenser. We can situate them throughout your home, so they cool the maximum amount of space and stay out of sight.
If your home has radiators or baseboards heated with a boiler, a ductless mini-split like the Fujitsu units we install could be an ideal A/C solution.
Here are some benefits of mini-splits:
- We can install them in a day or two.
- They are generally less expensive to run.
- You can set up zoned cooling for different spaces with mini-splits to cool different rooms at different temperatures.
- Ductless systems last longer than central air equipment — often longer than 20 years!
- They provide supplemental heating in milder months.
Mini-splits are also excellent solutions for hard-to-cool rooms, like finished basements, sunrooms and guest houses.
Do you need help choosing the best cooling solution for your home? Contact Burt’s Reliable to arrange a consultation.