Natural Heating Oil from Burt’s Reliable – known in the industry as Bioheat® fuel – is today’s clean-burning alternative to traditional home heating oil – and we have plenty of it on-hand for your Eastern Long Island home.
But what is Natural Heating Oil, and why should you make the switch from conventional #2 heating oil? Here are 6 things you need to know:
- You do not need to make any changes to your furnace, boiler or heating oil tank to use it.
- Natural Heating Oil is made by mixing heating oil with Biodiesel, a renewable energy resource made in America from fatty acids found in soy, vegetable oils, animal fats, recycled restaurant oils and other natural sources. The blend can range from two to twenty percent Biodiesel per gallon of Bioheat fuel (Bioheat blends are named by that percentage…for example, B5 is five percent Biodiesel). The Bioheat we sell at Burt’s is B20 – the cleanest-burning Bioheat blend you can buy.
- Natural Heating Oil is produced in facilities around the country, which currently have the capacity to produce two billion gallons of Biodiesel per year.
- Fuel-grade Bioheat is the only alternative fuel to have fully completed the health effects testing requirements of the 1990 Clean Air Act Amendments.
- Since Natural Heating Oil burns cleaner than #2 heating oil, your system will run better for longer – and you’ll reduce your carbon footprint!
- Because Biofuel is made in the US, you’ll decrease the country’s reliance on foreign oil every time you fill your tank.
We even have our own facilities to store our proprietary Bioheat fuel blend so we can always maintain quality control and provide a reliable supply.
Did you know that New York State offers a tax credit to customers who use biofuels? You could qualify for a credit of 20¢ per gallon, which could save you $200 for every 1,000 gallons of BioHeat fuel purchased. Contact Burt’s Reliable today for details!
Burt’s Reliable – Your heating oil provider in Southold, Greenport, Cutchogue, Mattituck, Riverhead, Jamesport, Hampton Bays, and Wading River.