With Rising Energy Costs: Don’t Waste an Ounce of Fuel
As you have surely noticed at the gas pump or when refilling your heating oil tank, fuel prices are rising. Many factors affect energy prices: global inventory, consumer demand, geopolitics, weather and the world economy.
We are also living through a supply shortage originating with the emergence of COVID-19. Worldwide demand for oil sunk at the start of the pandemic, and producers scaled back production. Now, demand is up again, and global supply hasn’t caught up.
All these factors add up to a significant surge in prices. Like you, we hope these costs drop soon.
In the meantime, the best way you can save money on energy costs is by ensuring your oil-fired furnace or boiler is working efficiently. In fact, improving the efficiency of your heating equipment can cut your fuel costs by up to 10%!
Signs Your Boiler or Furnace is Not Burning Oil Efficiently
Here are some tell-tale signs that your heating equipment is wasting heat energy that could be used to warm your home.
- It’s taking longer to heat your home. This could be a sign that your equipment is burning heating oil inefficiently
- You smell a chemical or burning odor. Today’s heating oil is incredibly clean-burning. You should never smell smoke or oil residue. If you do, something needs to be fixed.
- You hear noises from your furnace or boiler. Well-calibrated heating equipment is generally quiet. If you hear bangs, whistles, howls, rumbling or rushing water sounds, it could mean your equipment needs attention.
If you notice any of these warning signs, contact an HVAC professional to perform maintenance as soon as possible.
Burt’s Reliable Can Help Get Your Equipment Back on Track!
If you think you’re spending too much to heat your Eastern Long Island home, Burt’s Reliable wants to help.
Our friendly expert technicians will give your boiler or furnace a full evaluation. They can perform any repair or maintenance needed to get your heating back on track and your fuel usage down. And if it’s time to replace your equipment, we will work with you to find a solution that works for your family and your budget.
For even more peace of mind, you cannot beat one of Burt’s service plans. Every plan comes with a top-to-bottom tune-up of your equipment. In addition:
- Silver Plan customers get basic repair coverage on about three dozen parts.
- Gold Plan customers get full coverage for more than 100 parts and no extra charge for repairs!
We encourage you to take these essential steps to improve your heating system’s efficiency and save money on fuel. Contact us today to set up a service appointment.