4 Tips for the Best A/C Efficiency
Did you know that air conditioning equipment loses as much as 30 percent of its efficiency after 10 years? Even if your A/C system was professionally installed, the effects of time and frequent usage will lower its utility.
This reduced efficiency can negatively impact your comfort and your electricity expenses. You and your family will be less comfortable during the peak of summer. Plus, your cooling equipment will need to cycle more often, costing you more money.
At Burt’s Reliable, we take your family’s comfort seriously. So, we want you to know what to look for to determine if your A/C needs some work. If it does, our skilled, courteous HVAC technicians are just a phone call away!
Can Your A/C Keep Up? Know the Warning Signs.
If you aren’t paying close attention, you might not notice that your air conditioner has been losing steam in recent years. You can check for some of the tell-tale signs that it’s losing efficiency:
- Restricted airflow – If you don’t feel a steady flow of air when you place your hand near a vent, your equipment is likely not working at strong efficiency.
- Frequent cycling — Does your system need to run multiple times to cool your home? There could be a mechanical issue, or your equipment might not be powerful enough for the size of your home.
- Warm spots —You shouldn’t have warm sections of your home if your A/C runs well.
- Unusual odors or sounds — You don’t want your equipment emitting musty or burnt smells or mechanical noises.
How To Get More Out of Your Cooling Equipment
If your air conditioner has lost some of its efficiency, don’t worry. There are plenty of ways to improve the cooling in your home, even if your system is a little older. Here are some tried and true methods for getting to most from your A/C:
- Upgrade to an Ecobee WiFi Thermostat — A smart thermostat makes efficiency adjustments throughout the season, so your HVAC system isn’t cooling an empty house.
- Check your furnace’s air filter — Replace it if it’s dirty or clogged.
- Use a ceiling fan with your air conditioning — This keeps the cool air circulating into your living space.
- Service your equipment today!
Bring in Burt’s Reliable — We’re Here to Help!
Our technicians have the training and skills to handle everything from routine maintenance to complex repairs on central-air A/C systems and ductless mini-splits. Our expert service can help your system cool your home more efficiently and lower your electric bills in the process.
If you need to replace a struggling A/C, our team can help guide you to the perfect solution for your family. We also offer comprehensive service plans to keep your equipment humming for less!
The weather is heating up in Eastern Long Island, but we aren’t at peak summer yet. You can still get a tune-up of your air conditioning before things start sizzling. Contact the pros at Burt’s Reliable to arrange service.