5 Facts You About Biofuel that Might Surprise You
One of the biggest changes in heating oil in recent years has been the development of ultra-low sulfur heating oil. On its own ultra-low sulfur heating oil burns more cleanly than traditional heating oil.
When it’s mixed with biofuels, the result is a cleaner-burning heating fuel that emits up to 80% less sulfur dioxide as well as 20% less carbon dioxide than traditional heating oils. Fewer greenhouse gases mean cleaner air and a more sustainable future for everyone!
That’s why Burt’s Reliable is proud to be the only heating oil company on the North Fork that delivers ultra-low-sulfur Natural Heating Oil® (also known as Bioheat®) with a B20 biofuel blend.
What’s So Great About bioheat?
- Biofuels are made from eco-friendly renewable resources such as animal fats, recycled restaurant oils and plant oils such as soybean.
- You don’t have to replace, alter, or add to your home’s heating system to use Bioheat fuel. It works like traditional heating oil to heat your home while reducing your carbon footprint.
- Because Bioheat fuel burns cleaner, it leaves fewer deposits in your heating system, which reduces wear on parts and saves you costs on repairs. Also, when your heating system runs more efficiently, it will save you money on energy costs.
- It’s better for the environment than electric heating. That’s because more than 90% of the coal used in the U.S. today goes towards electricity production. Meanwhile, Bioheat fuel continues to push toward richer blends of biofuel, so its clean-burning properties make it a more environmentally friendly option for heating than electricity.
- Burt’s Reliable customers who use 750 gallons of our Natural Heating Oil can qualify for a $150 credit from New York State at tax time with the Clean Fuel Credit. We’ll send you an annual usage statement, including delivery dates and the amount of Natural Heating Oil you had delivered, so that you can apply for the credit.
Looking to learn more about Bioheat and our Natural Heating Oil? We can help! Contact Burt’s Reliable today to learn more about Bioheat® deliveries in Long Island’s East End and North Fork!