Protect Your Air Conditioning Equipment While You’re Trimming the Grass
Like it or hate it, mowing the grass is an inescapable part of owning a house. It’s important to have an attractive lawn, but you need to be aware of how mowing affects your air conditioning equipment.
When you give your lawn a trim, grass clippings, dirt, dust and pollen all get stirred up. If you aren’t careful, they might settle on or inside your home’s outdoor cooling equipment. This debris builds up — leading to compromised performance and, eventually, complete breakdowns.
At Burt’s Reliable, we’re here to help you keep your central A/C equipment working well. We can offer some tips to protect it while you tend to your North Fork home’s lawn.
5 Ways to Mow the Grass Smartly
Here are five simple steps to protect your A/C while you cut your grass:
- Position your mower away from your A/C equipment. This minimizes the number of clippings and other debris that can strike your condenser and other equipment.
- Shut off your A/C before you do yard work. Doing this prevents debris from being drawn into your system.
- After mowing the lawn, rinse off your outdoor cooling unit with a hose. A quick rinse is sufficient to clean away any refuse.
- Keep your A/C unit clear of plants, shrubs, and other objects. This allows some “breathing space.” A reasonable distance between your A/C and any plants is between 18 and 30 inches.
- Never stack anything on top of A/C equipment. This includes landscaping tools, yard bags, garden hoses, and other products.
Burt’s Reliable Can Handle Any A/C Issue
If your cooling equipment is malfunctioning or struggling to keep up with the summer heat, the HVAC experts at Burt’s Reliable are just a call away. Our team has the training and experience to handle any central air or ductless mini-split system repair.
And for the best peace of mind, we recommend protecting your equipment with our Air Conditioning Comfort Plan. This service plan guarantees you an annual 12-point tune-up, priority service, 15 percent off repairs and diagnostic fees, guaranteed repair pricing and a one-year warranty on all repairs.
Families in the North Fork and East End of Long Island trust Burt’s Reliable to keep them safe and comfortable all summer long. For air conditioning service — or to upgrade to a new, super-efficient system — drop us a line.