Last update 3/26/20
We hope that you are safe and well as we get through the COVID-19 outbreak.
Because of the fluid nature of the situation, please review the following:
- Effective immediately, we will only be performing emergency service. This includes, no heat, no hot water, oil leaks or severe water leaks. Non-emergency service appointments are postponed until further notice. All deliveries will continue as scheduled.
- If you are coming to stay at your vacation home, please let us know right away so we can adjust your heating oil delivery schedule to accommodate your needs.
- Out of an abundance of caution, we prefer that you pay your bill by credit card either on the phone or online. To make things easier, we are offering a $10 account credit if you enroll in Auto Pay.
To stay on top of our service information in the coming days and weeks, follow us on Facebook for immediate updates.
We are hopeful that the crisis will soon pass, and we can resume our normal services. As always, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay safe.
Last update 3/13/20
Covid 19 is disrupting millions of lives, and has now made its way to our neck of the woods. We have been closely following the guidance given by the CDC, State and Federal Authorities. Our highest priority is the health and safety of our customers and our employees.
What we are doing for your benefit-
We’ve instructed all of our service technicians and drivers to take extra precautions when coming into contact with customers in their homes or businesses. They each have gloves, and have been instructed to wash their hands thoroughly. They have been told to keep a safe distance from customers. We want to err on the side of caution, even if it feels awkward at times (like no handshakes).
- They are being told not to come to work if they feel sick or anyone in their household has a fever.
- We are prepared to work remotely and handle our normal business operations from home in the event we close our offices.
What you can do for our employees
- If you have a service call scheduled, and anyone in your home is sick, please alert us. Same goes if you have come in close contact recently with someone who has tested positive. We can easily reschedule your call.
- Make sure we have your cell phone number and email so we can text or email you when our tech is on his way, and to keep you updated on anything that will affect your service.
- Keep a safe distance away (6-8 feet) after letting one of our people into your home. We know this will feel awkward, but it is the recommended strategy for mitigating spread of the virus. You can also arrange to leave a key in the event you do not want to be at home. If you have a separate entrance to your basement, we can use that as well.
- If you’d like, you can communicate with our employee on his cell phone, even if you are in the house. Let us know before he gets there.
- If you normally come by the office to pay your bill in person, we ask that you refrain. You can pay online here or we can make it easy by setting this up on automatic credit card payment if you’d like.
This is a fluid situation and we are in unchartered waters. We will keep this page updated.
We look forward to the time when all this will be unnecessary. Until then, be safe.
-Your Team at Burts