The American oil revolution is bringing lower prices and plentiful domestic supplies. But that’s just the beginning. A new formulation of heating oil is becoming available that burns super-clean, is ultra-efficient and is infused with renewable BioHeat®.
Cleaner than ever
While solar energy and wind power continue to capture headlines for their potential, one of the exciting developments in the energy world has been the expanded use of BioHeat® fuel.
This is a combination of low-sulfur heating oil and biodiesel, which is made domestically from dozens of natural sources, including soybeans, sunflowers and pumpkin seeds.
As the most refined grade of heating oil, BioHeat® fuel burns significantly cleaner and has little negative impact on the environment. When used with a technologically advanced oil heat system, it produces near-zero levels of particulate matter during the combustion process.
What’s more, BioHeat® fuel is made in America and requires no modifications to your existing system.
Production is up, prices are down
The new American oil revolution is now a reality. Domestic oil production just reached its highest point in 43 years! As a result, most experts expect oil prices to stay lower for the foreseeable future.
What about the tank?
Aheating oil storage tank offers an important advantage: the ability to safely store an adequate supply of heating oil that’s ready for immediate use whenever a need to heat the home arises.
Today’s aboveground tanks are worry free and virtually leak proof. Most oil tanks are now built of corrosionresistant materials. In many cases, new aboveground tanks are double-walled and come with alarm systems if there is any discharge.
Plus, the newest generation of aboveground tanks generally can be installed in small or unusually shaped spaces.
In short, today’s tanks provide peace of mind and convenience—in addition to all the other benefits of heating your home with oil!
Higher efficiency and bigger savings
The oil heat industry continues to make technological breakthroughs that promise a new era of higher efficiency and bigger savings for everyone fortunate enough to heat their home with the new heating oil.
- New oil heat systems now boast efficiency ratings as high as 95%, providing more warmth with less fuel than ever before.
- Recent studies show potential fuel savings as high as 48% when replacing an outdated boiler with a new, high-efficiency oil boiler.*
- Many new oil boilers incorporate energy-saving controls that can reduce fuel usage by as much as 10% and provide a more even heat.
- High-efficiency oil furnaces now feature variable-speed motors that use as much as 80% less electricity.
*Source: New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
The greater the efficiency, the MORE you SAVE! This chart shows average savings from upgrading to a new system with 85% efficiency.
Three ways to use less oil
- Distribute heat evenly in rooms by running a ceiling fan in reverse. By recirculating the warm air trapped near the ceiling, you can lower your thermostat.
- Install smart programmable thermostats to automate your home temperature settings. You could reduce heating oil usage by up to 10%.
- Add outdoor reset controls to your boiler. Your boiler’s water temperature will automatically adjust, depending on the outdoor temperature. This can save you hundreds on your annual fuel bill.