Expert North Fork Plumbing Services
When you need a plumber you can count on, Burt’s Reliable will take care of you
You may know that Burt’s Reliable is the largest provider of Natural Heating Oil and kerosene delivery to homes and businesses here on the North Fork of Long Island.
You may also know that Burt’s Reliable offers a wide range of heating and cooling equipment services, including sales, installation, maintenance and repairs.
And you may know that Burt’s Reliable has been providing commercial services, including diesel fuel, to businesses all over the area for decades.
But what you may not know is that Burt’s Reliable is also a certified plumbing contractor.
Do you need a Greenport plumbing provider?
Being a certified plumbing contractor means that Burt’s Reliable can be counted on for all sorts of plumbing services, including installation, diagnosis, maintenance and repair of plumbing systems and products. From fixing leaking pipes to installing plumbing for your new home or home renovation, our plumbers are up to the job.
We have dealt with plumbing issues in some of the North Fork’s oldest homes, as well as new construction and the complex plumbing that can go with the large and high-end homes in our area. We’ve seen it all.
But Burt’s Reliable isn’t just for the big jobs. Do you have a bathroom sink drain that needs to be unclogged? Or have you decided to get a refrigerator with water and ice dispensers in the door and now you need to have water lines run behind it? Maybe your kitchen sink’s old garbage disposal won’t run. Whatever it is, we have the experience, the skills and the equipment to get the job done.
Because of our experience with all kinds of work, we know that the top things you want from a plumber are for us to show up when we say we will and to get the job done right the first time. Burt’s Reliable does both of those for you.
Another advantage of working with Burt’s Reliable is that we can integrate our in-depth knowledge and experience with fuel, heating and cooling systems, and plumbing to provide you with a unique one-stop shop for all sorts of projects in your home.
Vacation home plumbing service
All over our service area of eastern Long Island — whether it’s Southport, Shoreham or anywhere in between — there are many vacation homes.
Some are houses that families have used for generations. Others are income properties that bring vacationers who support lots of our local businesses. Whichever they are, their owners have special needs and concerns. More than 2,000 of those vacation-home owners trust Burt’s Reliable to help take care of their properties. And plumbing support is a key part of our Vacation Home Maintenance Program. We winterize your vacation home’s plumbing to protect it over the winter, and turn the water back on so it’s ready for use in the spring.
Helpful tips from the Burt’s Reliable plumbers
While we offer great plumbing services, there are things you can do yourself to help protect your Long Island home from damage that can be costly:
- Know where your main water shutoff valve is located, in case you need to turn off your water supply.
- If your water heater is in the basement and it ruptures, it could flood the basement. Do not enter the basement if this occurs, as it could be dangerous. Call us first to evaluate the situation.
- Older shutoff valves have washers that can wear out, making it difficult to turn them off completely. We recommend replacing an older valve with a ball valve.
- If the pressure-release valve on your boiler keeps tripping, call us to inspect it, because you may need a new expansion device or pressure-relief valve.
- For the heating season, make sure you have shut off the water supply to all outdoor valves and drained all the water from the pipes to prevent freeze-ups. You may want to disconnect outside valves—or upgrade to frost-free spigots.
From Peconic to Manorville, if you need a plumber on Long Island, contact Burt’s Reliable. All Master Electrical and Master Plumbing services are performed by licensed and insured subcontractors. We’re here for you!