Home Comfort Resolutions for 2020
A New Year – check that, a new DECADE – has arrived, which means it’s time once again to make your New Year’s Resolutions. Why not make some that will make you more comfortable, save you some money, and make life easier in your North Fork or East End home?
6 Home Comfort New Year’s Resolutions
Here are six home comfort promises to make yourself in 2020:
- Change your air filters – One of the best things you can do to keep the forced air heating or cooling system running efficiently and reliably in your Long Island home is also the simplest: check your air filters regularly (at least once a month during peak cooling and heating seasons). A clogged filter will cost you twice – first by raising your energy bills, and second by causing unnecessary wear and tear on your equipment.
- Learn how to program your thermostat – Lower the temperature by seven to ten degrees when you’re asleep or out of the house and you could cut your bills by 10 percent or more, says the U.S. Department of Energy. The easiest way to do that? Get a smart thermostat – it will pay for itself in the first year you own it.
- Make things E-Z-er – Stressed by the ups and downs of winter heating bills? Sign up for our E-Z Pay Plan and stretch those payments out over the course of a year. You will get the same bill every month no matter how much heating oil you use.
- Keep your equipment healthy – Want your home heating and cooling equipment to run better for longer? Get a professional tune-up every year. Maintenance pays for itself by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Sign up for a Burt’s Service Plan.
- Make sensible upgrades – There will come a time when replacing your heating or cooling system makes more sense than repairing it. When that time comes, don’t hesitate to upgrade – the move will often pay for itself in just a few years, and provide more comfort and peace of mind along the way.
- Don’t forget your plumbing – You rarely think about your plumbing until something goes wrong with it, but there are plenty of things you can do over the course of the year to minimize the likelihood of that happening – flushing your water tank, for example, or repairing leaks quickly. While you can tackle some of those tasks on your own, it pays to bring in a plumbing professional for the bigger projects – preferably before you have that flood in your basement.
Start 2020 out right – save money and enjoy more peace of mind with expert service and equipment upgrades from Burt’s Reliable. Contact us today to learn more!