Looking for Expert Plumbing Services on the North Fork?
Whether you have to repair leaky pipes or toilets or need drains unclogged, Burt’s Reliable Will Take Care of It
Yes, Burt’s is the largest Natural Heating Oil and kerosene delivery company in the region. Yes, we offer a wide range of heating and cooling services for area homes and businesses. But we are also certified plumbing contractors who can diagnose and repair or install any plumbing system for your home or business. In fact, we include plumbing support as part of our vacation home maintenance services, which we currently provide to nearly 2,000 North Fork customers.
Our wide range of fuel delivery and mechanical services allows us to know the buildings of the North Fork better than just about any other contracting company. New and old, we truly have seen it all. And so we can integrate our in-depth fuel, duct and HVAC systems knowledge with our plumbing expertise and community insights to provide you with unique one-stop shopping for complete support.
You will have one phone number to call to get trained experts for all of your fuel, HVAC and plumbing needs. A live, local person always answers the phone. Should you need us to call you back, you can also always depend on Burt’s to reliably return your call.
Call on Burt’s Reliable for any North Fork residential or commercial plumbing services you may need! Burt’s Reliable—serving Southold, Greenport, Riverhead, Shoreham and surrounding North Fork communities.
Tips from our Plumbers
These tips from our plumbing team may help you prevent expensive property damage.
- Know where your main water shut-off valve is located in case you need to turn off your water supply.
- If a water heater ruptures, it could flood the basement. If this happens, do not enter the basement; it could be dangerous. Call us first to evaluate the situation.
- Older shut-off valves have washers that can wear out, making it difficult to turn them off completely. We recommend replacing an older valve with a ball valve.
- If the pressure-release valve on your boiler keeps tripping, call us to inspect it, because you may need a new expansion device or pressure-relief valve.
- For the heating season, make sure you have shut off the water supply to all outdoor valves and drained all the water from the pipes to prevent freeze-ups. You may want to disconnect outside valves—or upgrade to frost-free spigots.